How to Stop Geo-Piracy and Geolocation Fraud via VPNs and DNS Proxies
COVID-19 has caused a surge in the use of VPNs and DNS Proxies to access geo-restricted content – here’s what you can do about it
With the dramatic increase in use of streaming services following the COVID-19 pandemic comes an increase in the use of VPNs and DNS Proxies to access geo-restricted content. As more people are staying home to stop the spread, VPN and DNS Proxies providers are using the pandemic to market their location spoofing products.
The widespread use of geolocation spoofing during the pandemic and the resultant growth in geo-piracy via VPNs and DNS Proxies undermines the territorial business model that studios, content owners, media rightsholders and premium OTT broadcasters rely on for revenue.
In this webinar, you will learn more about the extent of the problem, how much it has grown during the COVID-19 pandemic, plus the steps that can be taken and the technologies employed to prevent geolocation fraud and geo-piracy, which is causing significant damage to the entire digital content ecosystem.
Watch our webinar to learn about:
- The rapid growth in VPNs and DNS Proxies being used to commit geolocation fraud
- How these companies are taking advantage of the current situation to sell their products and services using media influencers like podcast hosts
- The scale, scope and methods of geo-piracy and location fraud across various devices and touch points
- How “free” VPN services are selling residential IP addresses to the highest bidder
- How VPN and DNS Proxy detection has been integrated at the CDN level on both Akamai and AWS CloudFront, allowing fast and easy implementation
Watch our webinar for essential information that rightsholders, OTT broadcasters, studios and content owners can use to protect themselves from geolocation fraud.
At GeoGuard, we focus solely on geolocation-based security and protection of digital content. As the only independently rated market leader for protection against VPNs and DNS Proxies and a Hollywood Studio Approved solution, we help the digital media ecosystem and other industries guard against geo-piracy and location-based fraud. GeoGuard provides a suite of geo-filtering and fraud detection solutions, combined with human intelligence, to stop internet users from spoofing their location.
GeoGuard’s solutions are based on the award-winning geolocation compliance and geo-protection technologies that its parent company GeoComply developed for the highly-regulated and complex digital gaming industry. Our software is installed in over 300 million devices worldwide, putting GeoGuard in a uniquely powerful position to identify and counter both current and newly emerging geolocation fraud threats.